Welcome to the Building Control Service of South Ribble Borough Council.
Building control is the system by which the health and safety of people in and around buildings is safeguarded.
The council's Building Control section is responsible for:
- Checking submitted drawings, specifications and calculations for compliance with the current building regulations.
- Inspecting works on site throughout the borough to ensure that the below points are at least to the minimum standard set out in the Building Regulations and Approved Documents.
- Health and safety of people
- Structural stability of buildings
- Fire safety and means of escape from buildings
- Conservation of fuel and power
- Access and facilities for those with disabilities
- Giving advice to householders developers and businesses as to the requirements and extent of the Building Regulations.
- Ensuring that any reported Dangerous Structure in the borough is speedily dealt with to avoid any undue risk to people.
- Carrying out the statutory duties regarding the Demolition of Buildings.
At building control we work closely with United Utilities to control developments that may affect or have an impact on drains or sewers that have been adopted by United Utilities Water PLC.
If you require further advise or information concerning adopted drains and sewers you can contact Untied Utilities on 01925 678773 or 01925 678785.
A new scheme of charges for Building Control works is implemented from 1st October 2010 as required by the Building (Local Authority charges) Regulations 2010
Last updated: 21 September 2012