Most householders will suffer from pest infestations at some time. Quite often it is the cleanest homes that are most at risk. Wherever we live, pests can be a year-round problem and they are not restricted to either rural or urban areas.
From insects to mammals, pests come in all shapes and sizes; some look unpleasant, but most UK pest species are harmless. There are a few though that can cause more than a nuisance and these should be dealt with because they can pose a risk to your health.
Pests we CAN deal with:
- Birds (starlings, pigeons) (Businesses only - Please note that South Ribble Borough Council does not offer a service for treating birds in residential properties.)
Pests we CANNOT deal with:
We can however provide advice and refer you to relevant organisations. For more information on nuisance problems caused by foxes there is a link at the bottom of the page to a website which you may find useful.
What you can expect from South Ribble's Pest Control Service?
- All of our officers are fully qualified and experienced in all aspects of Pest Management.
- All our officers carry identification, which can be verified by telephone.
- Any pesticide treatment carried out by our officers will be in strict accordance with The Control of Pesticides Regulations 1986 and the guidance issued by the Government's Advisory Committee on Pesticides.
- You will be advised on whether there is a charge for the service you want and if appropriate the methods of payment.
- You will be advised on any measures you need to take before our officer visits to carry out the treatment.
- A pest control officer will contact you to arrange a suitable time to visit, usually within 2-3 working days of your initial request for the service.
- You will be advised on what pesticide has been used and any precautions that you need to take following treatment.
- We will make follow-up visits where necessary, to check if the baits have been taken and lay further bait if appropriate. This will continue until the officer is satisfied that the infestation has been dealt with.
- You will be advised on any other measures that you should take to maximise the effectiveness of the treatment. i.e. removing alternative food sources.
- You will be advised on measures to prevent a re-infestation i.e. proofing the building or fixing broken drains.
We aim to provide an efficient and effective Pest Control Service.
If you have any concerns or complaints, please contact us and we will advise you of the procedure to follow.
We would also ask you to contact us if you have any comments or suggestions on how we could improve the service.
How do I book an appointment?
Contact Pest Control on Telephone: 01772 625625 or email: email@example.com
Officers will visit by prior appointment and will apply safe and effective treatments.
If for any reason the problem persists the Pest Control Officers will return and make every effort to ensure the pest is eradicated.
How much will it cost?
Some services can be provided free of charge.
We provide a free service to all South Ribble residents, for the treatment of rats and mice.
Please refer to the current fees and charges, which are in the documents section at the top of this page.
How do I pay?
- By Visa, Visa Delta, Mastercard, Switch or Solo card when you telephone to arrange the treatment. Please note that there is an additional charge if you use a credit card.
Service for commercial customers
In addition to the range of treatments offered to our residents, we also offer pest control contracts for local businesses. If you would like to discuss the prices and terms we can offer for a contract please contact us on 01772 625340 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 28 March 2013