Festive Opening Times
The Civic Centre, West Paddock, Leyland, will close at 5.15pm on Monday, 23 December 2013 and will reopen at 8.30am on Thursday, 2 January 2014.
The council operates an out-of-hours emergency system which allows incidents that occur outside of normal working hours to be reported. Residents can ring: 01772 625499 during the holiday period.
However, please note that we do not provide an emergency service for pest control or noise from neighbours or alarms. These should be reported during normal working hours.
Our hard-working waste collection crews will make every effort to be out whatever the weather over Christmas and New Year, but there will be some changes to collection days:
- Grey bins normally collected on Christmas Day (Wednesday, 25 December) will instead be collected on Monday, 23 December
- Grey bins normally collected on Boxing Day (Thursday, 26 December) will be collected on Tuesday, 24 December
- Grey bins usually collected on New Year’s Day (Tuesday, 1 January) will be collected on Monday, 30 December
- Households which would usually have a recycling collection on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day will miss a collection
- There should be enough capacity in the blue bins to cope, but extra paper and cardboard can be taken to the Household Waste Recycling Centre, located on Flensburg Way (open daily 9am – 6pm, excluding Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day)
- The final brown bin collection of 2013 will take place on Friday, 20 December. Collections will recommence on Monday, 6 January
- For more information on recycling, including advice on which items go in which bins and help with collections, follow this link to our waste and recycling page.
Free Christmas Parking
Christmas shoppers will be able to park free of charge in some South Ribble car parks during the festive season.
From Monday 9, December car parking charges will be suspended after 10am each day, up to and including Christmas Eve, in Leyland on Churchill Way, Ecroyd Street, Sumner Street, King Street and Hope Terrace in Lostock Hall.
For information about how Lancashire County Council are keeping our roads safe this winter, follow this link to their winter weather page.
You can also follow Lancashire County Council on Twitter for all the latest gritting updates, winter weather advice, school closures and more throughout the winter months. You can follow this link to their Twitter page.
The planning office will be closed from December 23rd to January 2nd, 2014.
Our officers will therefore send any letters notifying neighbours of any submitted planning applications in the New Year.
You can still use the online Public Access system in order to look at any relevant planning applications and also send us your comments.