© South Ribble Borough Council 2019


A to Z



Find out about awards that are available for businesses to gain.
Find out more about training and employment providers.
Find out more information about business continuity.
The council is a proud signatory of the Armed Force Community Covenant. Find out why and what it involves here.
Find out more about business support organisations.
Find out how property or land can be nominated by community groups for protection against sale or development.
Find out how your business can improve with help from others.


Find out more about reporting benefit fraud and the interview process.
Find out about what you need to do to claim and how much money you could get towards your rent or council tax.
Find out information on overpayments, change of circumstances, home visits, appeals and discretionary housing payments.
Find out more about business in South Ribble.
Find out about the latest changes which could affect your entitlement to benefits or support.
Find out about the different types of rate relief that we offer to businesses.


Find out the locations of car parks in South Ribble and details of opening times and prices.
Find out about how the amount of council tax you pay is worked out.
Details about the council's complaints procedures.
Find out the ways in which your council tax can be paid, as well as Frequently Asked Questions and information about if you cannot pay.
View and respond to current consultations (eg planning, policy changes, budget).
View frequently asked questions and answers regarding payment of Council Tax.
Find out how to get in touch with South Ribble Council if you need to contact us for advice or to report a query.
Find out information about receiving support to pay your Council Tax.
Find out about what the council tax data is used for.
Find out what you need to do if you cannot afford to pay your Council Tax.
Find out more about council properties.
Find out information about parish and town councillors, county councillors and MPs and MEPs.
Click here for the main Council Tax menu page.


View the latest delegated decisions made by the council.
Home security advice and assistance for those suffering domestic violence or abuse.
Find out information about dog ban areas, dog fouling, dogs off leads and reporting a lost or found dog.


Find out how to book pest control services and information about fees and charges.
Find out information about air quality, drains, light pollution, noise, preventing pollution and smoke.
Find out who to get in touch with if you feel your life or another person's life is in danger, or if you witness a crime.
Find out about the food rating scheme, how to report an establishment and appealing a rating.
Find out about the Central Lancashire Business Event and how to sign up for news alerts.


Find out who to get in touch with about potential flooding and warnings.
Find out information about searching for a commercial premises for your business.
Discover out how we've rated your local eatery, appeal a rating if you are a business owner and find other useful forms and information.
Find out more about funding sources available in the area and contact details for each.
Find out more about freedom of information
Information for anglers and details of local fishing spots and clubs.


Find out what you need to do if you are looking for a home in the borough.
Find out and gain advice on how to deal with fears about losing your home.
Find out about all the committees within the council and member details.
Find out information about the private sector and housing standards.
Find out about the representatives in your area, as well as information about allowances, code of contact, register of interests and mayoralty.
Find out and access documents and survey results showing what we are doing and why.
Find out about the corporate plan and information on equality and diversity.



View and apply for jobs with South Ribble Borough Council here.


View documents and consultation responses relating to the Lancashire Enterprise Zone.
Find more here about registers, acts and types of licenses.


Find out why South Ribble Museum is well worth a visit.
Find out about your local action plan, your councillors and how to get in touch with the forum for Leyland and Buckshaw Village.
Find out about your local action plan, your councillors and how to get in touch with the forum for Farington, Lostock Hall and Tardy Gate.
Find out about your local action plan, your councillors and how to get in touch with the forum for Penwortham.
Find out about your local action plan, your councillors and how to get in touch with the forum for Samlesbury, Coupe Green, Gregson Lane, Walton le Dale, Higher Walton and Bamber Bridge.
Find out about your local action plan, your councillors and how to get in touch with the forum for Longton, Hutton, New Longton, Whitestake, , Walmer Bridge, Little Hoole and Much Hoole.
Find out about how your local forum finds the money for improvements in your neighbourhood.
Find out about events happening in your local area.


Find out how we're helping the Audit Commission to prevent and detect fraud.


Find out information about allotments, fishing, sports pitches and walks and rambles


Information about parking and car parks in South Ribble.
Find out more about planning enforcement.
Our army of volunteers who help maintain our parks and green spaces.
Find out more information about planning policies.
Find out about our award winning parks as well as the volunteering Friends Groups and commemorative donations.
Find out about requiring permission as well as how to make and search for an application.
Find your nearest playground and explore others across South Ribble on an interactive map.
Find out about building control registers, regulations, inspections, demolitions, derelict properties, energy efficient assessment and waste bin provision.


Find out how to apply for a senior railcard here.
Find out how to apply for a street trading licence, what it costs and what is covered.
Find out how to get involved with social media and the available websites for your area.
Find out about how to report incidents of fly-tipping, fly-posting, graffiti, dead animals, grass cutting and littering.
Information about local leagues, South Ribble's sports pitches and how to keep up to date with their condition.
Find out how to report incidents involving signs, drug disposal, bus shelters, grit bins, public toilets, roadside seats and spillages and obstructions.


How we buy things and opportunities to tender for contracts.
Information about senior managers, pay and unions.
Find out about our town twinning arrangements here.
Find out about the protection of trees and who is responsible for maintaining them on different types of land.


Find out how to register to be able to vote in local elections.
Find out what dates upcoming elections are.


Find out your collection dates, request assistance, order a new container.
Find out how you can request a new bin or container or report any queries such as a missed collection, mess left behind or a container not being returned.
Find out how to request for a piece of bulky waste to be collected.
Find out how to request for available assistance to put out your bin for collection.
Find out how to dispose of medical waste and available collections.
Find out more about how your company can arrange collections, order containers or report any issues.