Toggle menu

Noise nuisance and environmental crime

Resolving a nuisance

Noise Nuisance of a persistent nature is dealt with by the Council's Environmental Health Team.

Examples of noise nuisance can be:

  • Dogs barking
  • Intruder alarms
  • Parties

There is Government guidance available which gives advice on how to resolve neighbour disputes.

They suggest your first step is to try to resolve the problem informally.

  • Before making a formal complaint or getting others involved, try to discuss the problem with your neighbour.
  • If you're worried about approaching them, write a letter, explaining the problem clearly and sticking to the facts.
  • If the problem affects other neighbours, involve them as well. It can be easier to settle a dispute if the complaint comes from a number of people.

If you feel the nuisance needs action from the Council, please report it to the Environmental Health Team online or by telephone on 01772 625 625.

Environmental Crime

If you come across any of the problems detailed below you can report it online or by telephone 01772 625 625

  • Graffiti
  • Littering
  • Dead animal for collection
  • Flyposting
  • Fly Tipping
  • Smoke

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email