Noise nuisance and environmental crime
Resolving a nuisance
Noise Nuisance of a persistent nature is dealt with by the Council's Environmental Health Team.
Examples of noise nuisance can be:
- Dogs barking
- Intruder alarms
There is Government guidance available which gives advice on how to resolve neighbour disputes can be found here.
They suggest your first step is to try to resolve the problem informally.
- Before making a formal complaint or getting others involved, try to discuss the problem with your neighbour.
- If you're worried about approaching them, write a letter, explaining the problem clearly and sticking to the facts.
- If the problem affects other neighbours, involve them as well. It can be easier to settle a dispute if the complaint comes from a number of people.
- Further guidance can be found here.
If you feel the nuisance needs action from the Council, please report it to the Environmental Health Team online here or by telephone on 01772 421 491.
If you come across any of the problems detailed below you can report it online here or by telephone 01772 421491
- Dead animal for collection
- Fly Tipping