A site at the end of the M65 of 65 hectares is allocated in the South Ribble Local Plan as a strategic development site for a mix of uses.
In April 2015 the Council adopted a Master Plan for the site which sets out a vision to create high levels of quality employment space.
The Master Plan can be down loaded by clicking here.
The Cuerden Strategic Site is identified under the Preston, South Ribble and Lancashire City Deal – an investment of more than £430 million, which will deliver substantial transport, infrastructure and community improvements, bringing forward three decades of growth over the next ten years.
The development is one of the Preston, South Ribble and Lancashire City Deal's major projects and has the potential to generate significant economic and employment benefits for the area, including:
- Creation of more than 4,500 new jobs at the site.
- 80,000sq m of new industrial space, comprising of a range of separate units with ancillary offices.
- A further circa 26,000 sq m of new office and business space, including a range of individual units.
- Enabling retail development, including a new IKEA and up to five large format units for national retailers.
- Mixed use development to include a 120-bedroom hotel with leisure/gym facilities, car showrooms, family pub and restaurants.
- Up to 210 new homes.
- Green infrastructure and landscaping for people walking, living on and visiting the site.
- Significant highways improvements on the local road network, along with new public transport provision.
- New pedestrian, cycling and jogging paths throughout the site, linking to other places such as Cuerden Valley Park.
Lancashire County Council and its development partners Eric Wright Group and Brookhouse Group are running a public consultation on the plans, in advance of a planning application being submitted.
Further information is available on the consultation website www.thisiscuerden.co.uk. People with questions regarding the development can contact the development team on 0800 089 0362 or by emailing email@example.com.