© South Ribble Borough Council 2019


Health and safety contacts

Responsibility for enforcing Health & Safety law is split between councils and the Health & Safety Executive (HSE). Whether a premises is dealt with by us or the HSE will depend on the main activity at the premises. As a rough guide HSE deals with construction, manufacturing, agriculture and crown premises. The council deals with premises in the retail and leisure sector. If you need more detailed advice on who deals with particular premises you can look here, or contact us.

To contact HSE about a health and safety matter please follow this link.

To notify a reportable accident (RIDDOR) please follow this link.