South Ribble Borough Council is conducting a statutory review of its polling districts, polling places and polling stations. The definitions of these are as follows:
- A polling district is a geographical area which is created by dividing up an electoral area. All wards within South Ribble are divided into polling districts, which form the basis upon which the register of electors is produced.
- A polling place is the designated area (i.e. building) in which a polling station is located in a particular polling district.
- A polling station is the area where the process of voting takes place (i.e. a room within a building).
The aim of the review is to ensure that:
- Electors have such reasonable facilities for voting as are practicable in the circumstances; and
- As far as is reasonable and practicable, polling places are accessible to all electors, and take into account the needs of disabled persons.
The review will not consider ward boundaries or parliamentary constituencies.
CLICK HERE to see the Notice of Review
If you wish to make a comment on the reviw online, you may do so by clicking here.
Timetable of review
14 August Publish Notice of Review
14 August to 25 October Consult for representations and comments on the existing and proposed (if any) arrangements
28 October to 8 November Consider all representations and alternative proposals
27 November Recommendations to Council
1 December Publish revised Register of Electors based on existing arrangements
1 February 2020 Publish revised Register of Electors to include any amendments following the conclusion of the review
Once the review is completed, the authority must publish all correspondence sent and received, details of the results of the review including any issues raised and indeed any changes which have been approved, giving the reasons for its decisions. A copy of the (Acting) Returning Officer’s report will be published on this website.
All proposals and comments will be available for inspection at the Elections Office, when published at the conclusion of the review.
Schedule of wards