The election for the Farington West ward (postponed from 2 May) is scheduled to take place on Thursday 20 June 2019.
The details for all validly nominated candidates for the original poll will automatically be transferred across, however any new candidates may submit nomination papers.
To stand as a candidate at a local government election you must:
- be at least 18 years old
- be a British citizen, an eligible Commonwealth citizen or a citizen of any member state of the European Union, and
- must meet at least one of the following four qualifications:
- You are, and will continue to be, registered as a local government elector for the local authority area in which you wish to stand from the day of your nomination onwards.
- You have occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises in the local authority area during the whole of the 12 months before the day of your nomination and the day of the election.
- Your main or only place of work during the 12 months prior to the day of your nomination and the day of the election has been in the local authority area.
- You have lived in the local authority area during the whole of the 12 months before the day of your nomination and the day of the election.
Borough candidates must obtain the signature of 10 electors (known as subscribers), all of whom must be on the electoral register for the ward in which the candidate plans to stand.
If you wish to stand as a candidate the election to be held on Thursday 20 June please email email@example.com for further information.
Nomination papers must be delivered by hand to the Returning Officer at the following address:
The dates that nomination papers can be delivered are between 10am to 4pm each day from Friday 10 May up to the close of nominations at 4pm on Thursday 23 May.
Statutory election notices for the Farington West ward will be posted here
CLICK HERE to see the Notice of Election
CLICK HERE to see the Statement of Persons Nominated
CLICK HERE to see the Notice of Election Agents
CLICK HERE to see the Notice of Poll
Find your polling station
Please click here to use our polling station finder tool.