Penwortham in Bloom 2017 is a community competition to add brightness, colour & civic pride to Penwortham.
The committee would like more schools, churches, businesses, community groups & residents to get involved by improving & caring for their local environment through imaginative planting, landscaping & growing projects - they would love you to join in & enter too!
There are seven categories to enter: -
- Best Hanging Basket / Container – Any size or design
- Best Front Garden – Domestic properties only
- Best Business Premises – Any commercial concern
- Best Sheltered Accommodation
- Schools Challenge – Open to nurseries, primary & high schools outdoor display with a ‘Recycling’ theme
- Community Area – Any shared space
- Most Original Novelty Display – Use your imagination
To celebrate the launch, the committee have organised an event on Thursday 2 March 2017 between 6pm & 8pm at Penwortham Community Centre, Kingsfold Drive. Come along & see what we did last year, get tips from our gardening expert, Marguerite Hughes who is delivering a Spring Gardening – Creative Containers workshop and take advice from our Expert Panel including Michael Cookson from Newgate Nurseries.
All entries must be in by 5pm on Friday 2 June. You can collect & drop entry forms at Penwortham Community Centre, Kingsfold Drive or Andreas Fish & Chip Shop, 89 Liverpool Road. Alternatively, you can apply online using the below link:
Judging will take place week commencing 3 July; all areas for judging must be available for viewing during this time. All winners will be notified after judging is completed and a presentation event will take place in August.