South Ribble In Bloom is a community competition to add brightness, colour and civic pride to South Ribble. We are encouraging local people to improve and care for their local environment through imaginative planting, landscaping and growing projects.
Each area has their own local competition:
- Eastern Parishes In Bloom — Bamber Bridge, Coupe Green, Cuerdale, Gregson Lane, Higher Walton, Samlesbury, Walton le Dale, Walton Park
- Farington and Lostock Hall In Bloom — Farington, Farington Moss, Lostock Hall
- Leyland In Bloom — Leyland, Moss Side, Buckshaw Village
- Penwortham In Bloom — Penwortham
- Western Parishes In Bloom — Hutton, Longton, Much Hoole, New Longton, Walmer Bridge
Categories for judging
- Best Front Garden (domestic properties)
- Best Hanging Basket / Window Display (domestic properties)
- Best Business Premises (any commercial property)
- Churches (including church halls)
- Schools Challenge (this year's theme is “Coming of Peace” to commemorate the end of World War I) [includes nursery & pre-school]
- Best Community Area (any communal / shared space)
If you are lucky enough to be a winner in your local competition, not only do you get a prize and a trophy, you can then be put forward to the South Ribble in Bloom competition, giving you the chance to compete against the finalists from the other four areas.
If you still manage to wow the judges, they could crown you the overall South Ribble Champion for your category!
You are permitted to enter multiple categories if you are an individual - i.e. Best Front Garden AND Best Hanging Basket.
Entries close at 5pm on Friday 8 June.
Judging will take place week commencing 9 July.
All areas for judging must be available for viewing during this time.
Then, once the winners have been decided, all entrants will be invited to their area's awards ceremony (each area has its own award ceremony on/in different days/places).
Another awards ceremony, pitting all these winners against each other to win the overall crown for the whole of South Ribble, will take place at a later date.
If you would like any further information or assistance please call the Community Involvement Team on 01772 625224.