A great place to work
- Flexible working arrangements to give you a good work life balance
- Employees are supported to work remotely
- Fair and competitive salaries
- Generous annual leave
- Local government pension scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
- Free car parking and car allowances
- Access to a variety of shopping discounts through MyRewards
- Free cash back scheme for health care costs
- Secondment opportunities
- Health and wellbeing support
Exciting future and major developments
Like other authorities and publicly funded organisations, we are dealing with significant challenges and having to make substantial savings.
Despite these pressures, we are making good progress on ambitious projects to improve the borough.
Some of the exciting projects, events and major developments include:
- Leyland Town Deal
- Community hubs as a new way to deliver services in the community
- Worden Hall development
- Extra care facility
- and much more....
Where to find us
Our main office location is:
- Civic Centre, West Paddock. Leyland, PR25 1DH
The Corporate Strategy is the overarching strategic plan that sets out our vision, priorities, and long-term outcomes over a 4 year period. This provides a clear statement of what we want to achieve and provides direction for subsequent plans in the planning process.
The current Corporate Strategy identifies four key priorities:
- An exemplary council
- Thriving Communities
- A fair local economy that works for everyone
- Good homes, green spaces and healthy places
View more information on our Corporate Strategy
Shared Services with Chorley Council
We share a number of services with Chorley Council.
View more information on Shared Services with Chorley Council
Some roles we advertise will be shared services roles, meaning the successful applicant, while will be employed by one council, will work across both South Ribble and Chorley authorities.