Domestic Homicide Review
Domestic Homicide Reviews (DHR) became a statutory requirement for Community Safety Partnerships in April 2011.
The review covers the circumstances in which the death of a person (aged over 16) has or appears to have resulted from violence, abuse or neglect by a relative, an intimate or former intimate partner or a person of the same household as the victim.
The purpose of the review is to:
- establish what lessons are to be learned from the domestic homicide regarding the way in which local professionals and organisations work individually and together to safeguard victims
- identify clearly what those lessons are both within and between agencies, how and within what timescales they will be acted on, and what is expected to change as a result
- apply these lessons to service responses including changes to inform national and local policies and procedures as appropriate
- prevent domestic violence and homicide and improve service responses for all domestic violence and abuse victims and their children by developing a co-ordinated multi-agency approach to ensure that domestic abuse is identified and responded to effectively at the earliest opportunity
- contribute to a better understanding of the nature of domestic violence and abuse and highlight good practice.
DHR's are not inquiries into how the victims died nor who is culpable as these are matters for coroners and criminal courts, respectively.
View more information on Domestic Homicide Reviews on the GOV.UK website.
Chorley & South Ribble Community Safety Partnership (CSP) completed the domestic homicide reviews for Chorley and South Ribble Councils. The Overview reports and Executive Summaries are published by the CSP and are available on the Council website for twelve months.
The reports and executive summaries are anonymous, to protect the identifies of victims and those involved as contributors to the review.
The reviews have been conducted in accordance with the Multi-agency Statutory Guidance for the Conduct of Domestic Homicide Reviews - December 2016.
Review reports and executive summaries
You can review reports here:
South Ribble Report Joan 251122 (PDF) [831KB]
South Ribble resubmission feedback Joan report (PDF) [94KB]
Executive Summary 251122 (PDF) [322KB]