Toggle menu

Temporary Event Notice

If you are over 18 and organising an event where you want to sell alcohol, provide late-night refreshment, or put on regulated entertainment, you'll need to complete a Temporary Event Notice, if the premises you are using does not already have a licence authorising the activities you want to offer during the times want.

There are 2 types of TENs:

  • a standard TEN, which must be given no later than 10 full working days before the event.
  • a late TEN, which is given between 9 and 5 full working days before the event.

A Temporary Event Notice costs £21

Temporary Event Notice (PDF) [141KB]

Temporary Event Notice Guidance

Does tacit consent apply?

Yes. After the consultation period has expired, if there are no outstanding representations the application is granted as applied for. If there are outstanding objections the application will be referred to a Licensing Sub-Committee for determination. If the application is for a Late TEN and there are objections the Notice will be refused.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email