Toggle menu


Insurance Claims

Information for Members of the public

If you have suffered personal injury or damage to your property as a result of actions by the council, you may consider making a claim. For the claim to be successful you will need to prove that the council has been negligent and has not done everything that is reasonable to protect you or your property. There is no automatic entitlement to compensation when something happens - the alleged incident may not have been the fault of the council.

You have six years from the date of the incident to claim for property damage and three years for personal injury claims.

If the claim relates to an incident on a footpath or a road, please contact Lancashire County Council which has responsibility for adopted highways within the Borough of South Ribble.

If you are a member of the public wanting to make an insurance claim against the Council, please contact us for a form to complete. You can call us on 01772 625625 or email us at

Please note: Insurance is a Shared Service between South Ribble Borough Council and Chorley Borough Council.

Information for Solicitors

Solicitors and claimant representatives should submit all personal injury claims (not exceeding £25,000) directly to our insurers via the claims portal.

If you are a solicitor or claimant representative please submit a claims notification form (CNF) directly to our insurer:

Claims from 1 January 2022 - Protector Insurance
Policy No: 2708567
Portal ID: C00585

Claims prior to 1 January 2022 - Zurich Municipal Insurance Company PLC
Policy No: QLA 07H077 0073
Portal ID: C00108

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email